Saturday 15 February 2014

Stack: February

James's first comment when I opened February's Stack was, “That's not a magazine; that's a book.”, which will tell you what a chunky beast VNA, this month's magazine, is. It's smaller than A4, but 162 lovely, heavy, matt pages. And what's it about? “Street art, graffiti, illustration and art culture”. I am delighted with this month's selection!
 

VNA profiles a series of artists – each article is obviously accompanied by extensive photographs of the artists' work – with a concluding section of photographic profiles of specific cities, (in this issue its London, Hong Kong and Łódź). It's beautiful, interesting and exactly up my street; I read it from cover to cover over the last week.

Would I buy it again? Absolutely. And I'll be checking out exhibitions by Chloe Early and Nick Sheehy later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment