Wednesday 19 February 2014

Red cardigan

I don't think I'm alone in trying on clothes and thinking, “well, it's nice, but it would be better if it was longer/shorter/a different colour/fit better around the shoulders/etc.” The greatest thing about learning to knit and sew has been the realisation that I can now make those changes myself.

This cardigan was knitted for me by my Mum. (The pattern is Vodka Lemonade by Thea Colman and it's available from Ravelry.) I love the colour and the design, but it was getting very little wear because it doesn't close.



So I put a zip in.


I didn't do anything fancy, just bought a 22” open-ended zip, pinned it to the cardigan and sewed it down. I'm really pleased with it and I can't believe it took me so long to get around to doing this. The hardest part was getting the zip!

No comments:

Post a Comment