Tuesday 5 July 2011

Setting up the exhibition

The exhibition set-up all went much more smoothly than expected. The main problem was the lack of tall stepladders - the gallery only has one stepladder tall enough to reach the ceiling so it was in constant demand. We spent two full days setting up the show and it was surprisingly tiring. I had no idea just how physically demanding it is to install an exhibition.






And now, a small preview of my work.







Looking back through my posts I realised that I hadn't really written very much about my work for the exhibition. It's a mixture of prints and sculptural pieces based on human anatomy. I originally intended to build a torso that could be opened up to reveal all the layers of anatomy within, but this proved too ambitious in the end. I have kept the
ribcage and the lungs, though they look quite different now.

No comments:

Post a Comment