Saturday 23 July 2011

Textiles Advanced Workshop at Morley College Gallery

Entry: Free

I stopped by Morley Gallery today to see the exhibition by the Advanced Texiles group. The Advanced group's work was clearly very highly-skilled, but the show was mixed in terms of the ideas behind the pieces - some just seemed better thought out than others. The show runs until 28th July. Below are pictures of a few of my preferred pieces.

Sue Walker.




Marilyn Williams.


Anne Willitts, Bird Pavillion. This one made me laugh when I looked inside.



Jane Thistlewood. Jane's work is similar to Sue Walker's (shown above). I like the things that both women are exhibiting - particularly the lovely varied textures they use - but none of these are things that I'd ever consider wearing. Soft pink is not my preferred colour.





Brenda Parsons. I love this wall hanging. Brenda had some cool cards for sale as well. With all the proceeds going to a polio charity, how could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment