Wednesday 16 March 2011

A miscellany...

I've not posted in a while - I've been too busy carving myself a ribcage.

I like the ribs, but I may rethink the vertebrae. They don't look right at the moment.

The pieces were all carved from styrofoam, and are for use in a hat conceptual headpiece, for a class taught by an amazing milliner called Jane Smith. The styrofoam came from the 4D Model Shop on Leman Street, highly recommended for craft supplies.

Another great arts and crafts supply shop is Atlantis Art Materials on Hanbury Street. This is how you know you've found them.


While I was on Hanbury Street I stopped to photograph some of the graffiti there.





I tried to find more information about the fake car parking spaces, but there doesn't seem to be anything online. I found out that Brick Lane and Hanbury Street are well-known as good areas for graffiti though.

And bringing this medley to an end is some papercraft! In this month's Edge magazine was a sheet of paper promoting Portal 2 - a sheet of paper that could be cut and folded to make a little Companion Cube.


What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment