Saturday 27 September 2014

White jacket

About a year ago I bought this white linen jacket from asos.

 
I bought it for my wedding as I realised that I had a sleeveless wedding dress and a wedding that would be taking place largely outdoors in England in October. The weather actually ended up being really good, although I was glad of the jacket at the end of the day.




Afterwards I was left with a white linen jacket that I never wore. I had replaced the buttons when I originally bought it and I started thinking about modifying it further. I liked the cut, but I didn't like the colour. White doesn't play much part in my wardrobe. And then I saw a tie-dye blazer online and realised that that was what I wanted. Nothing complicated, just tie a couple of simple knots in the fabric, dye it black and have a cool new jacket.



It didn't work. My knots weren't tight enough and the fabric absorbed the dye in spite of them. It came out mostly black with some faded patches on the backs of the arms.


  
So I dyed it again. Now it's entirely black, but I wear a lot of black so hopefully it'll get worn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment