Sunday 30 June 2013

Resized top

When I put this costume together I thought that I'd wear the dark red vest quite often. This turned out not to be the case as it was too long for my taste. Instead it was relegated to the increasing pile of things that need fixing “when I have time”.

Today I had time!


On the right is the problem top. On the left is a sleeveless top I wear all the time. Look at how long it is! And in addition to having a much longer body, it turned out to have longer straps than the comparison top.


I removed 2.5 inches from the shoulder straps and four inches from the bottom. When I rehemmed the bottom I folded the edge up twice, reducing the length by a further inch. It is now wearable, (I am wearing it right now), and the fixing pile has been reduced by one.


No comments:

Post a Comment