Thursday 27 June 2013

Kaffe Fassett: A Life in Colour at the Fashion and Textile Museum

I feel that perhaps I should have heard of Kaffe Fassett prior to visiting this exhibition. He's a quilter and a hand knitter! He's created knitting patterns for Rowan! Never mind though, this show did an excellent job of introducing me to his work.

At £8 it's a more expensive exhibition than I usually go to, but I felt as though I got value for money. There's a huge selection of Fassett's work on display and it's all so colourful and dramatic that you could spend hours taking it all in. It's thin on details accompanying the works; there are some pieces of text that touch on the main points of Fassett's career, but not much about the individual pieces beyond titles and dates. However, the bright, bold patterns, the unexpected images and the varied textures did a good job of cheering me up during the grey English summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment