Friday 13 May 2011

Hand prints

Over the last few days I've made two new printing screens, both based on some drawings of hands that I'd done over the Easter holidays. These screens combine to make prints representing the skin and the muscles of the hand. I have some further drawings that show the major veins and arteries, the main nerves and the bones of the hand, all of which I'm hoping to make into screens. The plan is then to use the images in combination to build up images of hands in which all of the layers of anatomy can be seen at once.

The hideous colour scheme in the pictures below is the result of my decision to use up some old inks to test the screens rather than mix new ones.







Gray's Anatomy was my initial reference for the drawing that became the muscle print. (Hopefully it's obvious which prints are skin and which are muscle in the pictures above.) A version of the image that I used can be found here for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment