Sunday 3 March 2013

Ultimate trousers class at Sew Over It, part 2

My trousers are finished! Here they are, looking not that much different to the picture I posted in part 1:


Since the last post I've put a concealed zip on the left hand side, put facings in at the waistband and hemmed the legs. There was a small amount of hand-sewing to do at home once the class was over, but not much. Most of the edges on these trousers were finished with an overlocker. This was my first time using an overlocker and I'm delighted by the effect it creates:



The great thing about this class is that the Lisa takes the time to help each person adjust the fit of the pattern to their exact shape and preferences. This means you leave with a pair of trousers that fit perfectly and a paper pattern to create more of them. Doing it in two sessions of just three hours was a bit of a rush, (if there had been more than three of us in the class I'm not sure how far we would have got), but Lisa mentioned that she has plans to teach this class over three sessions in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment