Sunday 28 October 2012

Eat Your Heart Out 2012 at St Bartholomew's Hospital Pathology Museum

A friend and I went to Eat Your Heart Out this weekend. This pop-up cake shop took place in possibly the only grotesque museum in London that I haven't been too - St Bartholomew's Hospital Pathology Museum. It seems that this museum isn't open to the public, though you can arrange a private viewing and it does host events, usually lectures and seminars.
   


Here are a few pictures of some of the edible "treats" on sale.





We bought some of these cupcakes! The syringes contained rum.


It was a pretty amazing event and the setting was perfect. I haven't got pictures of some of the more revolting things, but there were plenty of items that I don't think I could have eaten even though I knew there was nothing wrong with them. A perfect, creepy, pre-Halloween morning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment