Friday 15 June 2012

Knitting needle case

Several months ago I was given a lot of knitting needles. Unfortunately, they've languished on a windowsill in my living room since then, waiting for me to find somewhere more sensible to keep them. This week I finally tired of knocking them on the floor whenever I opened the blinds and made a case for them. The instructions came from Stitch 'n Bitch, (which has a few sewing patterns alongside the knitting patterns, all for knitting accessories).




It's made entirely from fabric I had left over from previous projects, (including this, this, these and these), with the addition of a ribbon and a skull charm that have sat unused in a box for at least three years, making it the most economical thing I've ever made.

It does remind me of a knife roll bag though. Apparently these are mostly used by chefs, but I associate them entirely with TV serial killers! (Dexter Morgan uses one!) I now feel a bit creepy unrolling it to reveal the tools of my trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment