Tuesday 7 February 2012

Screen-prints that aren't skeletons

As promised, I finally have some screens that don't have skeletons on them. Below are the test prints I made with the first screen, (I wasn't really applying enough pressure, which is why one printed so badly).





These prints aren't based on any of my own drawings; the images come from a second-hand copy of Jost Atman's "Pictorial Archive of Decorative Renaissance Woodcuts" that I picked up for £1.50. There are pages and pages of knights demonstrating different forms of combat and I spent an afternoon photocopying them and sticking them together to create one long battle scene. I've had to split the image up into four parts in order to fit it onto my screens and lining everything back up when I'm printing is going to be tricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment