Thursday 12 January 2012

Paper-making

I'm back at college and we started off the term with some paper-making. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I've got no work in progress shots, only the end results. The pulp from these sheets was made by recycling scrap paper. The brown and black speckles in some of the sheets come from uncoated paper bags (from The Body Shop and Ann Summers respectively), while the pink sheet of paper incorporated red envelopes left over from Christmas cards. The sheets with coloured smudges on had coloured confetti added to them while they were still wet. The dye from the confetti then bled across the wet paper.










Amongst the college's paper-making equipment is a frame for making enevlopes. I was initially disappointed with the way the sheet of paper looked as its edges were very ragged. However, once dried it folded up beautifully into an envelope for a 13.5cm square card. I suspect that holding the frame tightly against the screen that collects the pulp would result in a cleaner edge.





No comments:

Post a Comment