Friday 11 November 2011

Armour part 2

Last month I posted about some felt "armour" I had made. The Paverpol dried quite well, although I think I should have used more of it. At the time I was concerned about the amount of felt fibres that were being pulled off and was sparing when applying it, but it seems as though you definitely need more for a more rigid structure. (I'd like to add that the Paverpol did not take a month to dry, it took me a month to remember to bring my camera to college.)


I put cling-film on the mannequin to prevent the felt from becoming glued to it. It turns out that this was a very sensible idea - prising the hardened felt off the mannequin was difficult enough as it was.

The pieces were more or less held together by the Paverpol, but I took the precaution of stitching them together where the joins seemed weakest. Here it is off its stand and in the world outside the Textiles studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment